Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July



South Lake Tahoe  -  July 4th
Lake Tahoe has an average total population of about 20,000 people, But on the 4th of July over 100,000 people flock to the lake to watch the spectacular fireworks show. Originally I planned to stay in a hotel amongst the tourists, but fortunately I found another place to stay. I discovered a free website called warmshowers.com were cyclists open their homes to fellow touring cyclists. So for example, I can stay with a host in Lake Tahoe and then latter on I have the opportunity to open my home to a cyclists passing through Cincinnati. I stayed with a cyclist, named Ross, who has cycled over 7,000 miles total, toured in 49 states across the U.S., and toured in over 10 countries in South America. Needless to stay Ross had many spectacular stories to share with me, and he gave me some great cycling advice. Ross wished me luck on my travel, and said he that when I was tired I should think of Support My School and push through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment