Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dinosaurs and Oil

Vernal - July 13th

Vernal Utah is most notably known for outdoor activities, dinosaur fossils, and oil. While in town I spoke with a group of young students at the Field House of Natural History. The young group was interested to hear about my travels and I told them how I was raising awareness for Support My School and working to improve educational conditions in India. When they asked me questions they refereed to me as "Bike Man" and they wondered if I was scared travelling alone. I told the group that  with the support of my friends and family back home I never felt alone. I also talked about learning how to become self reliant and solve problems on my own. I have become used to traveling on my own and I don't get rattled when things don't go as planned. I am very confident in my preparation, and even when unexpected obstacles arise I approach them systematically. I am very well organized and I always have an action plan when I get lost, run behind schedule, or get caught in bad weather. I try my best to stay focused on the task at hand and calmly make decisions in order to keep the tour moving forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment